Monday, May 13, 2013

Our generation, the next generation.


Politics.

It can change a country.
No matter what happens, it is the governments' job to do what’s right and lead the country to its full purpose.

I see lies, I see problems, and I see issues. It's hard to deal with things when it goes severe.

It was a week ago when my country Malaysia, experience something big. Something that is so vast that social media is full of it. I became so into the politics of my country not because I want to or that I need to. I just thought this was the perfect way for me to get rid of my feelings, my emotions towards that love interest I lost. I felt this was the perfect time for me to get involve with politics, get insights on what was happening in the country and what are the politicians fighting for, what are they saying and what changes can we see in the country in the few years to come.

All I can say is that this general elections was somewhat messed up. Complicated, that's the word. I see racism; corruption and issues that shouldn't have existed exist.

Let me sum it all up,

What we Malaysian wants is change. Change to the country after a long serviced government, BN (Barisan National) that lasted for 55 years. We want to move our country to a higher status, a higher purpose. So most Malaysian would have supported the opposition. We see social media flooded with information about this. Not just that, people would take it to extreme by posting really disturbing articles or pictures about things depicting other races or the government, which I find it really immature. Social media has pushed its limits by sharing tons of rumours. People's biased, immature, racist and judgmental comments and opinions are all shared in the net creating a majority of biased people who are so naive. My perspectives over the mindset of the people of Malaysia are just really 'old-fashioned' and 'immature'. Why would I say this?

Well, it's simple. We hold our pride way too high and being too proud over things. We are too naive. We talk too much but we never make it into actions. I can say this because I'm one of them too. I join in the crowd. Everybody is a follower in Malaysia, not one true leader that can actually save us and make our country to a more developed place.

I love this country. I really do, we all do. I guess our love is the mixed culture we are in, the home we are in, the languages that we speak, the atmosphere, the environment, and the food. There are so many things we love about Malaysia. But when it comes to politics or some issues separating the races like religion, everything gets nasty. I was really pissed when the newspapers posted a really racist comment.

The perspective we have on our people changes very often. I think the issue in the different race of Malaysians is that we still keep the distances between Malay Malaysians, Chinese Malaysians and Indian Malaysians as well as other races. We always keep a barrier between these so-called races of a Malaysian. Its because we have different mindsets altogether and the different religions we have which can separate the people and this made this country to become a really biased country with all these really different perspective. We don't really have an equal distribution towards all races in terms of money and opportunities but when we are to come together as one country, we are so united that none can break. Its like if we are fighting for our country towards others or some other matters that’s beside religion, culture and politics. We are united in sports and also the representatives of our country in other countries.

It's really complicated with the issues in our country and I don't think I can cover everything in one post. But with regards to the general elections, opposition should have won to make a change in our country. To just see what would the opposition would bring to the table to take our nation to the next step, to move forward. BN has reigned for far too long and corruption has been on forever. I would like to see our nation being able to compete with Singapore and become a nation like that but I don't want to be racist here but I want a true Malaysian leader to bring us up. Not Najib, neither can I see Anwar but for a change, I would love to see a Malaysian Chinese or Malaysian Indian to be a part of it. Someone else.

It would take a long time to reach that stage. But with racism and corruption in the country, it's hard to see changes like that now but only to see the younger generation to rise above this and make a change. This would take a long process but I guess it’s worth the wait. I can't wait 5 years from now and see what will happen to the poll and to our country.

I wouldn't comment about the rumoured blackouts, Bangladeshi workers or the extra packages of votes. I still think that its created by media and distributed by the media. I still blame majority of the issues towards social media as it was taken too serious by people and made silly judgement over things, which might or might not be true. All I can say is that we have to accept the result and move on. No more complains or judgment over people and government. I think it will only bring down the country with this kind of attitude. We cannot see what’s behind the politics of our country. We have to accept and move forward to not just based on one day to be patriotic and want change in our nation. 


I do believe its the everyday decisions and everyday work to make our country a better place. Change the perspective and change the mindset of the people. The people should not be judgemental and racist. I feel that we need a different Malaysia where we can explore democracy and be the voices of our country and learn how to make our country better by voicing out of our opinions and not being judged of our opinions based on racism and tyranny of the majority. We must be able to accept our flaws and learn how to solve it and not faking the problems and issues we actually have in the country. We are ignoring too many things.

If BN were to rule another 5 years, so be it. Even how it was ruled, we as the people have to voice out and not to be ashamed to do it in the name of the country. We should not result in violence and do it in a more mature way. We need to learn how not to be naive and learn how to accept. I think the government is bullying us as though they hold the whole power over the people. I feel as a democratic country, the people is the voice, the people is the power and we shouldn’t be afraid and we need to fight for it.

There's a reason why people still vote for BN. They maybe a better team than the opposition or maybe you can say we did not understand why people still vote for BN. It's a matter of each person's opinion. I believe that reason has to be resolved. Why is BN doing that still gets people vote? What can opposition provide to drive our country? I think the politics in our country have to be more transparent so that we know what is actually going on in our country. We need to know the problems that exist in our country.

I want graduates to be in Malaysia and not just turned to overseas and neglecting our country. I want debates and discussions on our country. I want locals to work in Malaysia and not expand international workers to help our economy. I want our country to be developed in terms of transport, tourism and sports. I want the economy to be smart and to invest on things that matters, not charity to give away excessive money to people that do not need it but invest on things that can lead our country to higher grounds. I want this corruption to end, not run by people in the same government but a joined group of other parties. I want the end of racism by talks and discussion on issues in our country. Learning how to solve it by making our issues transparent!

I love Malaysia. I love my home but without the change, I would not find a reason to be back. I want a reason for me to stay in my country. Not a demoralizing idea of corruption and racism but peace and a developing country. I just hope that no matter what happens, I want change and it will only come if Malaysians choose to change and be committed and determined to do so everyday. We are so far back, we need to start to move forward and I'm counting on the current and next generation to do it. The next generation would be the future. Change is what our generation would bring if we choose to accept it.



No comments:

Post a Comment